Thank you for your patience regarding information about postponements and cancellations of upcoming district events. Now that we have confirmation from Governor Pritzker that E-Learning has been extended through the school year, the following decisions have been made on various school events and programs:
Spring 2020 Events
• Prom-cancelled. Prom was previously postponed until May 9. The parent committee who organizes prom will conduct an online raffle for the gifts already purchased/donated and will also purchase t-shirts for the upperclassmen.
• HS Graduation-postponed until Sunday, June 7 at 3:00.
• Eighth Grade Promotion-postponed until Monday, June 1 at 7:00.
• IHSA Ticket Refund Drive-In-Tuesday, April 21 from 8:00-12:00 and Wednesday, April 22 from 4:00-7:00. Refunds will occur on the circle drive in front of RBHS. Those seeking refunds must have their tickets and will remain in their car to avoid gatherings on campus.
• Seniors Last Day of Online Learning-May 12
• Eighth Graders Last Day of Online Learning-May 15
• K-11 Last Day of Online Learning-May 22
• Other events such as supply pick-up from school, Chromebook & Textbook Collection, etc. will be determined and announced soon.
Remote Learning Planning Wednesdays
Beginning Wednesday, April 29 we will institute Remote Learning Planning Days for the remainder of the school year. Instead of meeting students online, on Wednesday’s teachers will be engaged in the following activities:
• Plan lessons and assessments for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year
• Make contacts with families whose students have not established consistent online attendance.
• Make contacts with families whose students are not turning in schoolwork.
• Engaging in professional development related to online learning.
• Tutoring individual students online.
• Collaboration with district staff.
Students will use Wednesdays to catch up on schoolwork, online tutoring from teachers/aides, collaboration on projects with classmates, etc. Attendance will not be taken.
If your financial circumstances have changed due to the pandemic and your child/children are need of a free lunch, please contact us as soon as possible. We will deliver a lunch to your home every weekday.
Please continue to engage with our staff throughout the next five weeks. Teachers and parents are working very hard to ensure the best possible educational opportunities are presented to all Roanoke-Benson students each week.
Roanoke-Benson CUSD 60