Friday, February 5th Volleyball vs. PCS Chargers- 4:00 PM Start time.
Wednesday’s (Feb. 3) Boys Basketball game @ Germantown Hills will be streamed on their school’s Facebook page beginning at 5:00 PM
Volleyball at Midland for Feb. 3 can be viewed at this link. 7th Grade match begins at 4:00 PM
Signup is now open for the 2021 RBRA Travel Baseball season! Please see the linked form for more information.
Any questions should be directed to the Roanoke-Benson Recreational Association.
Thank you for your patience regarding information about postponements and cancellations of upcoming district events. Now that we have confirmation from Governor Pritzker that E-Learning has been extended through the school year, the following decisions have been made on various school events and programs:
Spring 2020 Events
• Prom-cancelled. Prom was previously postponed until May 9. The parent committee who organizes prom will conduct an online raffle for the gifts already purchased/donated and will also purchase t-shirts for the upperclassmen.
• HS Graduation-postponed until Sunday, June 7 at 3:00.
• Eighth Grade Promotion-postponed until Monday, June 1 at 7:00.
• IHSA Ticket Refund Drive-In-Tuesday, April 21 from 8:00-12:00 and Wednesday, April 22 from 4:00-7:00. Refunds will occur on the circle drive in front of RBHS. Those seeking refunds must have their tickets and will remain in their car to avoid gatherings on campus.
• Seniors Last Day of Online Learning-May 12
• Eighth Graders Last Day of Online Learning-May 15
• K-11 Last Day of Online Learning-May 22
• Other events such as supply pick-up from school, Chromebook & Textbook Collection, etc. will be determined and announced soon.
Remote Learning Planning Wednesdays
Beginning Wednesday, April 29 we will institute Remote Learning Planning Days for the remainder of the school year. Instead of meeting students online, on Wednesday’s teachers will be engaged in the following activities:
• Plan lessons and assessments for the remainder of the 2019-2020 school year
• Make contacts with families whose students have not established consistent online attendance.
• Make contacts with families whose students are not turning in schoolwork.
• Engaging in professional development related to online learning.
• Tutoring individual students online.
• Collaboration with district staff.
Students will use Wednesdays to catch up on schoolwork, online tutoring from teachers/aides, collaboration on projects with classmates, etc. Attendance will not be taken.
If your financial circumstances have changed due to the pandemic and your child/children are need of a free lunch, please contact us as soon as possible. We will deliver a lunch to your home every weekday.
Please continue to engage with our staff throughout the next five weeks. Teachers and parents are working very hard to ensure the best possible educational opportunities are presented to all Roanoke-Benson students each week.
Roanoke-Benson CUSD 60
Even though students are learning remotely, you still have an opportunity to purchase a yearbook from a memorable school year. Cost is $20 per book and you can pay online with a check or credit/debit card. Sales are open until May 1st.
Simply go to www.yearbookordercenter.com
School code is #20953
Dear Roanoke-Benson Parents,
I hope today’s message finds you and your families safe and well. Yesterday, Illinois Governor Pritzker announced that remote learning in Illinois will be extended through April 30 in order to slow down the spread of COVID-19.
During this time, on-site learning will remain suspended but our schools’ commitment to learning and education will remain open and learning will continue for all students through our Remote E-Learning 1.0 format that began this week.
While it is not ideal, we want to assure you that at Roanoke-Benson CUSD 60, our teachers and staff are fully engaged and willing to take on this new challenge and push forward with remote learning, engaging with students and continuing with our lunch distribution program.
Since the governor’s announcement yesterday, we have made the following decisions about upcoming district events:
All athletic practices are canceled for April. All games and meets are either canceled or postponed until the month of May. At this time the IHSA and IESA have not made any announcements about the Spring State Series in baseball, softball, or track.
The high school musical performance was scheduled to be the weekend of April 3-5, 2020. Because of the mandated closures the performances will not be able to occur. Our plan is to present elements of the musical at the high school spring concert on May 5, 2020.
Spring Music Concerts
The RBHS concert is scheduled for May 5, 2020 at 7:30. At this time, this date has not changed. Unfortunately, the RBJH concert scheduled for May 7 is canceled due to insufficient time to prepare our junior high musicians.
National Honor Society
The National Honor Society Banquet and Induction was scheduled for Tuesday, April 7, 2020. That event is being rescheduled to Monday, May 11, 2020 at 7:30 PM.
Prom and Post Prom was originally scheduled for Saturday, April 18, 2020 and Sunday April 19, 2020. Prom and Post Prom will be combined into one event and is being scheduled for Saturday May 9, 2020 from 6:00 to 11:00 in the high school commons. There will be formal dinner and dance followed by drawings for gift baskets and other prizes.
RBHS Graduation & RBJH 8th Grade Promotion
At this time the date for high school graduation and 8th grade promotion has not changed.
I know this is not the school year that any of us imagined, but I want to thank you for your patience and understanding as we have dealt with this unprecedented situation together.
Our priorities will continue to be providing lunch to our students in need, communication with our families and staff, and provide for the continuity of learning.
Roanoke-Benson CUSD 60